Heating oil tanks typically corrode from the inside out and often show no exterior signs of wearing excessively thin. For this reason, we provide a test that is similar to a medical ultrasound which allows us to give you a sense of security in knowing that your tank is safe or give you advanced warning that your tank may be in need of proactive replacement.
Our oil tank protection program enables us to evaluate the safety and integrity of your above ground heating oil tank using an EPA approved ultrasonic tank test. Using the program’s testing technology, our technicians detect the level of corrosion inside your oil tank and predict the likelihood of your tank needing replacement in the near future. As an additional benefit, if your tank qualifies for the program, you will receive a tank replacement payment ($1,200) for the future replacement of your oil tank*.
Oil Tank Protection Benefits
Qualifying tanks receive a tank replacement payment ($1,200) to help cover the cost of a replacement*.
Using EPA-approved testing technology, ultrasonic equipment detects the level of corrosion inside oil tanks.
This service helps protect your home. Proactive replacement can help avoid costly remediation expenses.
Included is an inspection of common tank components such as legs, seams, fill and vent pipes, oil lines, and vent whistle.
*To qualify for the oil tank protection program, your tank must not be in need of immediate replacement at the time of the initial inspection. To guarantee renewal coverage thereafter, the oil tank protection program warranty renews automatically and the ultrasonic tank inspection is scheduled as part of your annual tune-up.
For more information about our oil tank protection program, contact us today.
How It Works:
1. Our oil tank protection program helps determine if your heating oil tank needs an immediate or future replacement in order to protect your family and your property.
2. As part of your heating system tune-up each year, your tank is inspected with a technology similar to a medical ultrasound to gauge the thickness of your tank. Tanks commonly corrode from the inside out, offering no visible way of knowing how thin your tank’s walls may be.
3. A Burch Oil technician will record the lowest ultrasonic reading taken along with related information about your heating equipment to understand its condition. This helps to predict how soon you may need to consider replacing your tank.
4. The recorded information about your heating equipment is entered into and stored in a state-of-the-art database to help determine when important safety upgrades may be due.
5. Since your oil tank is monitored and evaluated annually along with other components of your heating system, we may take this information specific to your home and notify you of your recommended safety upgrades.
6. If your heating oil tank qualifies for proactive replacement, you will receive a significant credit ($1,200) toward the replacement performed by Burch Oil.