Why bother getting an air conditioning service plan? Because nobody is happy when their air conditioning system breaks down. Central air conditioning maintenance is crucial to keep your house cool. And breakdowns almost always happens at the worst time—when the weather is hottest. What’s more, if you’re having problems, you can bet others are too. You might have to wait a long time for service. For that reason, we have a solution: consider a Burch’s cooling service plan
Click below to view our cooling plan:
The Gold Cooling Plan can be used to cover a central air conditioning system or heat pump.
The Gold Cooling Plan Includes:
- Annual precision cooling tune-up
- Priority Service*
- 25% discount on non-covered parts and labor
- Loyalty Credits
Annual Price: $249.95
Our Gold Cooling Plan includes many things that typically can go wrong with your system. It includes a yearly tune-up and inspection, as well as FREE parts and repair of the following:
- air filters(replaced if provided by customer
- blower drive belt
- blower motor($125 allowance)
- blower motor drive pulley
- blower shaft
- blower wheel
- condensate pump
- condenser fan blade
- condenser fan motor
- defrost sensor
- electric contactor
- fan center
- fan relay
- high pressure switch
- low pressure switch
- low voltage thermostat (cool only)
- low voltage transformer
- rain shield
- refrigerant (1st lb) per plan year
- running capacitor
- starting capacitor
- time delay control
- thermostat (manual) ($50 allowance for digital)
- thermostat subbase
Precision Cooling Tune-Up
Your cooling system will be tuned up annually to ensure that it operates at maximum efficiency. We will:
- Lubricate all moving parts: blower motor and condenser fan (if necessary).
- Check suction line temperature and pressure.
- Check temperature drop between return and supply air.
- Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow.
- Clean outdoor/indoor condenser coil.
- Check blower motor and belt (if applicable).
- Check blower speed.
- Inspect all controls for proper operation.
- Check voltage and amperage in all motors.
- Check for worn bearings in all motors.
- Inspect operation and condition of compressor contacts.
- Inspect start and run capacitors and relays for bulges, rust and leaks.
- Tighten and inspect all wires and connections.
- Inspect and adjust thermostat/mercury bulb.
- Inform customer of equipment condition. Recommend necessary repairs.
* Cooling service provided between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
(Emergency Weekend Service available)
Terms and Conditions
- Service plans become effective only after inspection of equipment by Burch Oil. All equipment must be brought up to standards before being accepted for a service plan. Advance payment does not make a plan become effective.
- Service plans are in effect for 12 months and are self-renewing each year thereafter at prevailing rates. Burch Oil will indicate its acceptance of a service plan by the issuance of an invoice.
- Service plans are transferable but not refundable.
- Burch Oil Company, Inc. will NOT be responsible for equipment problems related to the quality of heating fuels supplied by anyone or any company other than Burch Oil Company, Inc.
- The Company will pay up to $1,200 toward the replacement of your tank, once tested and qualified for the TankSure® Program, if a tank leak occurs subsequent to this test due to internal corrosion, or a tank leak occurs due to a manufacturer’s defect or a non-leaking tank is identified for proactive replacement. While we cannot guarantee that a leak will not occur or your tank will not fail after testing, we are providing these new services with the hope that by testing and monitoring, we are offering a longterm proactive tank replacement program for our customers. Accidental damage is not covered by the TankSure® Program. The TankSure® Program does not cover environmental clean up, property damage, waste disposal services or other damages or losses caused by a tank leak or system failure even if the tank has been tested and qualified ultrasonically and is enrolled in the TankSure® Program.
- Service plans do not cover service for damage by fire, lightning, flood, freezing or congealed oil lines, or water or foreign matter in the oil tank. In addition, Burch Oil will not be responsible for damage to equipment or to a home caused by an out-of-oil situation. Vacant buildings are not covered for parts or labor to correct any conditions caused or aggravated by nonoccupancy.
- Coverage does not apply for turned off emergency switches , blown fuses, tripped circuit breakers or lack of oil when NOT on automatic delivery service with Burch Oil Company, Inc. A service call resulting from switches in the OFF position, blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers, or aquastats or thermostats set incorrectly will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- Controls, motors and other devices used in conjunction with central air conditioning are excluded from heating service plans. Plumbing and fuel oil lines are excluded from coverage.
- Burch Oil’s responsibility under all circumstances is limited to the direct cost of correcting any defective condition covered under a service plan.
- Parts and labor not covered under service plans will be billed at prevailing rates.
- Service plans do not cover costs of recycling or disposal of Freon or fluorocarbons, or disposal of water from storage tanks.
- Service plans do not cover electric or plumbing work on the unit, work required due to electric service failure, water damage caused by freezing, misuse of equipment or circumstances beyond our control, unless otherwise noted in the plan.
- Burch Oil will not be responsible for faulty system design, as determined by the service department.
- Annual precision tune-up may be scheduled at any time during the service plan year. Burch Oil will make every attempt to schedule the cleaning; however, this responsibility is shared with the customer, who must make the unit accessible for cleaning and inspection during normal working hours. Burch Oil is not responsible if the unit is not made accessible during normal working hours.
- Service plans apply only to heating equipment with a firing rate of up to five gallons per hour, and air conditioning and heat pump equipment up to five tons. Price quotes are available for special service plans that exceed these parameters.
- The obligation to furnish replacement parts is subject to availability through normal supply sources.