Furnace Replacements in Maryland
A warm home depends on a great furnace. When your furnace is running well, your home stays comfortable and the bills stay down.
Older units and inefficient furnaces have a tough job keeping your home as comfortable as you’d like. As they struggle to heat your home, your energy costs rise.
Let us help maintain and improve your home’s furnace. With Burch Oil, you get a company that’s been providing top-notch HVAC services, heating oil, and propane to homeowners in Southern Maryland for five generations.
Trust us to keep your home warm, efficient, and comfortable throughout the year. Contact us today for all your furnace needs in Southern Maryland.
Signs Your Home Needs a New Furnace
Is your furnace showing signs of wear and tear? It might be time for a replacement.
Look out for these indicators:
- Increasing Energy Bills – A sudden spike in your energy bills may be a sign of an inefficient furnace that requires replacement.
- Frequent Repairs – If you find yourself frequently calling for furnace repairs, it may be more cost-effective to invest in a new, reliable system.
- Uneven Heating – Uneven heating throughout your home could indicate that your furnace is struggling to distribute heat evenly.
- Age – Furnaces typically have a lifespan of around 15-20 years. If your furnace is nearing or past its expected lifespan, it’s wise to start considering a replacement.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Furnace
Upgrading to a new furnace brings several advantages to your home’s heating system:
- Improved Energy Efficiency – Newer furnaces offer higher energy efficiency ratings, helping you save on heating costs while reducing your environmental impact.
- Enhanced Comfort – With advanced features like infinite fan motor speeds, our furnaces deliver more comfortable airflow and quieter operation, ensuring optimal comfort throughout your home.
- Reliability – Upgrading to a new furnace means enjoying the peace of mind that comes with a reliable heating system, reducing the likelihood of unexpected breakdowns during chilly Maryland winters.
Why Choose Burch for Your Furnace Replacement
- Certified Technicians – Our team of certified technicians specializes in furnace installations, ensuring a seamless and professional replacement process.
- Quality Brands – We feature some of the finest and most energy-efficient furnaces on the market, including Armstrong Air, Thermo Pride, and Carrier.
- Energy Efficiency – Our furnaces are designed to operate with higher energy efficiency, helping you reduce your energy bills and minimize your carbon footprint.
- Comprehensive Range of Services – From furnace maintenance to fuel delivery, we’ve got you covered.
Our Furnace Services
We offer a comprehensive range of furnace services to meet your heating needs:
- Furnace Maintenance – Regular furnace maintenance is crucial for optimal performance and longevity. Our technicians are equipped to provide thorough inspections, cleaning, and tune-ups to keep your furnace running smoothly.
- Furnace Replacement – If your furnace is beyond repair or inefficient, our team can assist you in selecting the right replacement option tailored to your home’s heating requirements.
- Furnace Installation – With our expertise in furnace installations, you can count on us to install your new furnace efficiently and with the utmost care.
- Fuel Delivery – We offer reliable fuel delivery services, ensuring that your furnace always has the fuel it needs to keep your home warm and comfortable.
We also provide warranties and financing options to make your furnace replacement as convenient and affordable as possible. Visit our service plans section to learn more about the available options.
Answering Your FAQs About Furnace Replacement and Maintenance in Southern Maryland
What types of furnaces are available?
There are different types of heating oil furnaces available to suit various heating needs. The most common types include single-stage furnaces, two-stage furnaces, and modulating furnaces. Each type offers different levels of heating control and efficiency.
What kind of heating oil does a furnace use?
Heating oil furnaces use #2 heating oil, which is a clean and efficient fuel source. #2 Heating oil is readily available and widely used for residential heating in Maryland. It provides reliable heat and ensures efficient combustion within the furnace, keeping your home warm and comfortable.
How long does a furnace typically last?
The lifespan of a heating oil furnace can vary depending on factors such as maintenance, usage, and the quality of the unit. On average, a well-maintained furnace can last between 15 to 30 years. Regular maintenance and timely repairs can extend the lifespan of your furnace and optimize its performance.
How are furnaces and heat pumps different?
Furnaces and heat pumps are different heating systems. Furnaces generate heat by burning heating oil, while heat pumps extract heat from the air or ground. Furnaces are typically used in colder climates and provide reliable and consistent heat. Heat pumps are more energy-efficient but may not be as effective in extreme cold temperatures.
Do furnaces produce more heat than heat pumps?
Furnaces generally produce more heat output compared to heat pumps. Furnaces can deliver higher temperatures and quickly warm up your home.
Heat pumps, however, provide a consistent but lower-temperature heat output. They are also not quite as efficient once temperatures drop to freezing or below. The choice between the two depends on your heating preferences and efficiency requirements.
What should I do if my furnace goes out?
If your furnace goes out, it’s crucial to contact a professional HVAC technician for prompt assistance. A qualified technician can diagnose the issue and perform the necessary repairs to get your furnace up and running again. Avoid attempting repairs yourself, as it may lead to further damage or safety hazards.
What are the signs of a furnace going out?
Signs of a furnace malfunction or potential failure include inadequate heat production, unusual noises, frequent cycling, high energy bills, and the presence of soot or strange odors. If you notice any of these signs, get in touch with Burch Oil to have your furnace inspected to prevent further issues and ensure your home’s comfort and safety.
How often should my furnace run?
Generally, during colder months, your furnace may run for longer periods to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. It’s normal for the furnace to cycle on and off a few hours per hour. If you notice unusually frequent or extended running times, it may indicate an issue that requires attention from a professional technician.
Our Partner Furnace Brands
We collaborate with reputable furnace brands renowned for their quality and performance:
Armstrong furnaces feature factory-supplied air filter assemblies, ensuring cleaner indoor air quality. With their quiet and consistent operation, they provide higher energy efficiency and performance.
Thermo Pride furnaces offer quieter efficiency with their ECM motors, resulting in lower energy bills. They deliver comfortable airflow, enhancing the overall comfort of your home through infinite fan motor speeds.
Carrier furnaces also prioritize energy efficiency and quiet operation with ECM motors. They provide comfortable airflow in heating models, ensuring a cozy home environment.
Get Your Free Furnace Replacement Estimate
Let Burch Oil help you with your home’s furnace needs. Contact us today to schedule your free furnace replacement estimate and experience our exceptional HVAC services firsthand.