To view PDFs of our past newsletters, click here.
Get the Facts about Home Heating Oil
As energy options continue to expand, we’d like to share some reasons why we recommend fuel oil as the best value for your home heating needs:
- With over 36 oil producing countries, oil is abundant.
- New oil heating technologies boast efficiencies of 80% to 90%.
- Oil today is 95% cleaner burning with an updated refining process.
- Oil heat is consistently lower in price than natural gas or electricity.
- Home heating oil is a safe, non-explosive product.
- An oil heat flame burns 300 degrees hotter than natural gas, heating your water and home faster than any other heat source.
Manage Your Fuel Costs with Ease
FOR OIL & PROPANE CUSTOMERS
Our budget payment plan is a convenient and effective way to manage your heating bills by spreading them out over an 11-month period. We estimate your annual fuel costs and spread them into equal monthly payments for more convenient budgeting throughout the year.
FOR OIL CUSTOMERS ONLY
A price cap protects you from rising fuel prices. If you are on our price cap program, no matter how high oil prices go, you can rest assured that your price is secure. If market prices fall, your price per gallon will also.
FIVE WAYS to Cut Energy Cost
- Schedule regular maintenance for your cooling equipment. Maintaining your equipment ensures that it is running at peak efficiency, reducing energy costs.
- Replace the air filters in your heating and cooling systems to reduce energy consumption and improve your air quality.
- A programmable thermostat can save up to $180 a year in energy costs. For most homeowners, this represents about 15% of annual energy costs.
- Let Burch upgrade your equipment with ENERGY STAR® energy-efficient units. These products limit greenhouse gas emissions and use approximately 20% to 30% less energy than systems that do not earn ENERGY STAR approval.
- Reduce your cost of producing hot water by adding an indirect water tank if you have a tankless boiler. For other applications, consider replacing your hot water heater if it is over 10 years old with a new, high-efficiency unit.
Propane Delivery and Service
Did you know that we also offer complete propane services? One of the cleanest, most versatile fuels available, propane can be used for so much more than home heating and water heating. Whether you currently heat with propane or you are interested in adding it to your home to fuel other appliances, propane can be utilized for cooking, fireplace inserts, space heaters, clothes dryers, generators, grills, and pool heaters.
From indoor comfort and convenience to outdoor entertainment and recreation, count on Burch Propane to deliver the best value for your energy needs. Contact us to learn more!